1. World Health Organisation (WHO). Established in 1948 and headquarters is at Geneva Switzerland.
- The constitution of WHO come into force on 7th April 1948 which is celebrated every year as word health day.
- The main social target of WHO was “attainment why all citizen of the world by the year 2000 of a level of health that will permit them to lead a socially and economically productive life”.
- Prevention and control of specific disease development of compreshensive health services. family health, environment health, health, health statistics, bioMedical Research and health literature and information.
2. UNICEF (United nationas International children’s emergency fund).
UNICEF, is established in 1946 and its headquarters in New York and it has reasonal office in New Delhi.
- Improvement in the health of mother and children.
- Main role in all programmes which benefit the children’s health directly or indirectly.
- Child health, child nutrition, family and child welfare, formal and non formal education GOBI, strategy -4 strategies for a child health, revolution (G= growth monitoring, O- oral rehydration, B= breastfeeding, I = immunization).
UNICEF In India:- UNICEF is giving aid to India for programmes benefiting children in the following spheres.
- Water supply.
- Social welfare.
3. FAO,( Food and Agriculture Organisation). The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United nationas it is established in 1945 with headquarters in Rome.
- To help Nations raise there living standards.
- To increase the efficiency of forming Forestry and fisheries.
- To better the condition of rural people.
= Raise living standards, improve nutrition people, and increase production of food. 1960 free from hunger camping ( FFHC).
4. ILO (International Labour Organisation). It was established in 1919. and its headquarters in Geneva.
- To improve his housing and working condition of labour.
- To co-operative in maintain peace in established by Pro-moting social justice.
- To improve economic and social stability.
5. USAID ( United States agency for international development).
It was started in 1961. it provides grants and loans for a number of projects designed to improve the health of the people. it’s headquarters located in Washington DC.
= Assisting number of projects:- Malaria Eradication medical, education nursing education, health education water supply and sanitation, family planning and nutrition.
6. CARE ( Co-operative for American Relief Everywhere). CARE, is a non-governmental organization which was started in 1945. it began working in India in 1950.
India was to provide food for children in the age group of 6 and 11th years, from mid 1980’s CARE India focused its food support in the ICDS programmes and in development of programmes in the areas of health and incomes supplementation.
7. Colombo plan (1950) .
It was established in 1950 in India and 6 other common countries. it consist of group of 20 developing countries. in south and South East Asia and 6 developed countries. The assistance to members countries in mainly aimed at agriculture and industrial development.
= Advise on local problems and train the local people and supplying Cobalt therapy unit to Medical Institute improve living standards of the people.
8. World Bank.
It was established in 1944. This is the specialized agency of the United Nations.
- It’s objectives is to help in raising the standards of living in comparatively poor or under development countries.
- The bank provides when financial and Technical Support for project of economic development.
9. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
UNESCO was established in 1946 and its headquarters in located in Paris.
- Help in maintaining peace and safety in world.
- Increase co-operation on education scientific and cultural relationship between the countries on international level.
I hope that you liked this article.
(By GS India Nursing)