The chemical name of vitamine B-9 is folic acid is causes megaloblastic anemia. Folic acid (vita-B-9) deficiency causes Neural Tube Defect (NTD) in the baby during the first trimester of Pregnancy.
Folic acid deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia
Folic acid deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia. Megaloblastic anemia is a from of anemia characteritized by very large red blood cells and a decreased in the number of those cells.
Causes of megaloblastic anemia.
- Low intake of folic acid
- Auto immune Disease.
Sign and symptoms of megaloblastic anemia
- Progressive fatigue
- Severe weakness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Smooth and tender tongue
- Difficulty walking
- Abnormal paleness or lack of lack of color of the skin
Diagnosis of megaloblastic Anemia
- History Collection
- Physical examination
- Blood investigation
- Serum folate level check-up
- Schilling test
- Therapeutic trial of vitamin B12
Mangement of megaloblastic Anemia
- Reduce of drinking alcohol.
- Make changes in the Lifestyle
- Stop smoking
- Ead vegetables and fruits that contain Vitamin B-12 and folic acid.
- Multivitamins orally
- Diet chart to be maintain .
Best Sources of Folic Acid are given below-
Best Sources of Folic Acid-
- Low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese.
- Fortified breakfast cereal
- leafy green vegetables
- Fresh fruits, fruit juices.
- turnip greens.
I hope that you liked this article.